Tuesday, March 3

Slave Bracelet with Tatted Center

This stems from my continuing need to integrate bits of tatting into various other sorts of designs. Which I more or less blame on how much I enjoy TotusMel's work. Go, spend a few minutes drooling.

Now then. A friend of mine got ambitious after seeing this instructable and has started playing with tatting a bit, which means I have a lovely pile of little medallion thingies to play with. This weekend I found some time to make a first attempt at playing with it and wound up with this.


Which probably could stand some better photo treatment before listing, but it was sort of late and the roomie was playing chess and thus there were less wrists available for stealing. And I can only contort so much for photographing things.

The center piece is of course tatting. It attaches to the wrist piece with bits of chain and two rivets. More of the same chain loops up around the finger. (the chain was cannibalized from a necklace.) And the whole thing closes with snaps. I set three closures on it to give some room for sizing.

As first attempts go, I think it turned out rather fun. I think I can push the notion further. Also, I have some chain ordered that might be better suited for such things then my random dismantling of stuff. Regardless, The combination of elements makes me happy. I am thinking about playing with stiffening the tatting so that it lays a little better. Assuming that it wont just cause horrible problems. Heh.

No comments: